Altru's Volunteer Services
Volunteers are a valuable asset to Altru Health System. The presence and the assistance they provide enhances the quality of care we offer our patients and families. There are a variety of areas where volunteers can serve, and we are always seeking new areas of assistance. If you have a desire to help, we have a place for you.
- Each year, 300+ volunteers provide the health system over 25,000 hours of valuable service.
- Our team of volunteers consists of men, women, teens, and college students with a variety of backgrounds.
- We look for the following qualifications in our volunteers:
- Helpful demeanor
- Caring attitude
- Respect for confidentiality
- Our volunteers receive many benefits at Altru Health System
- Meal discounts
- Liability and accident insurance while volunteering
- Free influenza vaccine
- Invitations to recognition events and activities
- Invitations to special Altru events
CONTACT US: Call 701.780.5125 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
There are several volunteer programs available as well as several areas to volunteer at Altru. No matter your age or interests, there is something for you.
Our program offers a thorough orientation and on-the-job work experience as well as an excellent opportunity to view many health related occupations. Specifics of the program include:
- Open to students who have either completed their eighth grade year or are at least 14 years of age.
- Hours are one or two regular half-day shifts each week in the summer and once a week after school.
- Orientations are held in June.
- Complete the junior application.
The student program provides students the opportunity for experiences in many health related careers including occupational therapy, physical therapy, emergency department and pediatrics. Specifics of the program include:
- Open to students enrolled in post secondary school
- Hours include a two to four hour shift per week for at least a school semester
- Orientations are held at the beginning of each semester in January, May, and September.
- Complete the student application.
Any adult interested in giving back to their community can volunteer. There are a variety of areas in which to serve. Find more information about opportunities here >>
- Home Delivered Meals (Volunteers deliver meals to the convalescent, elderly, and disabled. Interested volunteers may call 701.780.5169.)
- Hospice (Volunteers are assigned to assist Hospice patients and their families. Special training is required. Call 701.780.1450 for more information.)
- Complete the standard adult application.
Select the appropriate link below to complete an online volunteer application.
Select the appropriate link below to access a printable volunteer application.
Mail to: Volunteer Services, Altru Hospital, P.O. Box 6002, Grand Forks, ND 58201-6002, or call our office at 701.780.5125, or email: email@example.com