Altru's One Call Transfer Center
Altru's Transfer Center nurses are here to help you with the patient transfer process.
To make an emergency or hospital transfer, call 855.4ALTRU1 (855.425.8781).
The transfer process at Altru Health System is straightforward:
- A hospital representative or physician calls Altru's Transfer Center expressing interest in transferring a patient to Altru.
- The regional transfer coordinator will obtain initial information concerning the patient, including demographics, condition and clinical information, reason for transfer and specialty requested.
- The coordinator will locate the appropriate physician and facilitate a recorded three-way conference call between the referring and accepting physicians.
- Once a patient is accepted for transfer by an Altru attending physician, the coordinator will complete the transfer process and assist with the transportation, as necessary.
- The coordinator will facilitate connecting nurses for report.
- Follow up communication will be provided according to the referring physician's perferences.
We are committed to working together to achieve the best patient care and experience.
- Call Altru's One Call Transfer Center at 855.4ALTRU1.
- Please have the following information ready:
- Demographic patient information
- Reason for transfer
- Current IV infusions and vital signs
- Isolation precautions
- Need for special equipment (i.e. ventilator or balloon pump)
- Level of care/transport required (BLS, ALS/critical care/ground or helicopter)
- Prepare a copy of the patient's chart.
- Prepare copies of all pertinent diagnostic studies related to the reason for transfer (i.e. lab work, EKGs).
- Fax a demographic sheet to 701.780.1097.