Altru Telemedicine connects rural patients with providers in a variety of specialties. Telemedicine consults improve patient outcomes and expand services throughout the region as well as reduce travel time for patients and providers.
The technology presents a secure and live, interactive video and audio connection between a patient at their home town hospital and a specialist at Altru Health System in Grand Forks.
Telemedicine Specialties and Locations
For more information on telemedicine, contact Marsha Waind at 701.780.2347.
Picture Archival and Communication System (PACS) allows a near filmeless process of radiographic images, expanding the capabilities of efficient off-site viewing, reporting, and transferring of image data between departments and healthcare facilities throughout the region.
Altru provides partnering facilities with:
- Initial set-up of the PACS server
- Storage solution for both local and remote storage of images for an indefinite time period
- Connectivity with all permanent and mobile imaging modalities
- Connectivity with Altru via VPN for image transfer to the hub
- Management and support of the PACS server
- Administrative services including study management, security set-up, and access to Altru radiology personnel for mentoring and training
Altru provides on-site preventative maintenance services and professional recommendations for repair or replacement of biomedical equipment by our certified technicians. Services also includes the Joint Commission recommended tracking and logging services to ensure appropriate maintenance schedules are developed and adhered to for the highest quality equipment operations.
Data Center Hosting
The storage center and hosting services provided by Altru Health System safely secure partnering facility's technology and electronic information. Specifics of the service include:
- Temperature and humidity controlled environment
- Twenty-four hour a day, seven day a week monitoring
- Power failure protection by Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) and on-site generator
- Controlled access through electronic badge approval
- Back-up and recovery services for servers and data, as well as Storage Area Network (SAN) storage and internet connectivity
Teleradiology is a means of electronically transmitting radiographic patient images and consultative text from one location to another. With electronic transfer data, patient care is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Sharing information efficiently between care providers enhances patient experience and continuity of care.