- University of North Dakota School of Medicine, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- University of North Dakota Family Practice Center in Assoication with St. Alexius and Medcenter One
- Board Certified Family Medicine
- American Board of Family Medicine
Teaching or Professional Positions
- Member of the North Dakota Association of Family Physicians
- Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine at the University of North Dakota
Joel Walz, MD, is a family medicine physician treating chronic health problems and acute injuries and illness. Dr. Walz is the Public Health Officer for Grand Forks and serves on the Grand Forks Public Health Board engaging in community health issues. He is inspired by improving the quality of life in the patients he sees. In his free time he enjoys bicycling, hiking, snowboarding, salt water reef aquariums and traveling. He is an active member at United Lutheran Church and a confirmation guide.
Philosophy Of Medicine
"I feel that patients should partner with their doctor to make health care decisions. I strive to treat the whole person; body, mind, and spirit."
Special Practices and Procedures
- Chronic Illness
- Acute Injuries
- Community Health Issues