- University of North Dakota School of Medicine & Health Sciences, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- Regions Hospital/Health Partners, St. Paul, Minnesota, Emergency Medicine Resident
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
Teaching or Professional Positions
Throughout residency, Dr. Odegard was involved with teaching medical students. She taught several emergency medicine based workshops throughout residency including central line placement, basic ultrasound as well as ultrasound guided procedures, ophthalmology (basic eye exam, slit lamp examination and ocular emergencies), orthopedics (reduction and splinting techniques), simulations and toxicology.
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement: Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Certification
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Kayla Odegard, MD, is an emergency medicine physician at Altru Health System. In the emergency department, Dr. Odegard treats a wide variety of conditions including strokes, colds, infections, heart attacks, trauma, lacerations, viral illness, fractures, etc. Outside of work, she enjoys doing anything outdoors, including riding horse and barrel racing, hiking, fishing, camping, hunting, skiing, scuba diving and biking. In addition to outdoor activities, Dr. Odegard also enjoys coaching and traveling.
Philosophy Of Medicine
“In emergency medicine, it’s not uncommon for me to meet people on the worst day of their lives. During this time, I try my best to be a calming presence for patients and their families. I think it’s important to treat patients and their families how I would want myself or my family member to be treated.”