- University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, North Dakota, Bachelor of Arts, Psychology
- University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, North Dakota, Bachelor of Science, Interdisciplinary Studies: Health Science
- Marietta College, Marietta, Ohio, Master of Science, Physician Assistant Studies
- Board Certified Physician Assistant
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- North Dakota Academy of Physician Assistants
- Association of Physician Assistants in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Honors, Awards, etc.
- Graduated Magna cum laude at the University of North Dakota
Melissa Monson, PA, specializes in obstetrics and gynecology at Altru Family Medicine Center. She is motivated by the connection she’s able to make with her patients and her ability to help people. Outside of work, Melissa enjoys spending time with her husband and their family (including their pets). She also likes to read and work on Pinterest projects.
Philosophy Of Medicine
“The opportunity to connect with and care for patients is a privilege I am honored to have. I believe in building relationships with patients and treating each patient as a whole. My philosophy on medicine is that good healthcare comes from good teamwork, both between providers, and between the provider and the patient.”