Altru's Guest Services
Altru's Guest Service staff are available to make your experience grand. Available at most entrances to the hospital, rehabilitation center and main clinic, greeters:
We want your visit to be as enjoyable as possible. Often, it's the little things that matter most.
Altru recognizes the role family and friends play in supporting and healing.
- Visiting hours are flexible based on need.
- We will rely on our patients to dictate, limit or restrict visitors.
- Because individual stress levels increase with noise, we request visitors keep quiet.
- Visitation may be restricted to immediate family because of widespread flu or respiratory illness in the community.
Critical Care Units
Children under 16 are not allowed in the Critical Care Units. These individuals should remain in the main lobby or cafeteria and must be accompanied by an adult.
Altru's Family Birthing Center
The Family Birthing Center has specific visitation hours.
- Please visit between 12 - 2 p.m. and 4 - 8:30 p.m. (Mommy and baby nap time is scheduled from 2 - 4 p.m.)
- The Family Birthing Center is a restricted access area. To visit, you must be an approved visitor. The staff will buzz you in and escort you.
Visitors may choose any entree, two sides, a beverage and a dessert for only $5. This option is available to all guests and can be delivered directly to the patient's room, allowing patients to eat with their loved ones.
Lost & Found
Items found at Altru Health System are sent to lost & found. To locate a missing item:
- Call 701.780.5170 or,
- Stop by the information desk in the main lobby of Altru Hospital
Found items are stored for 90 days. After this, they are donated to a charity or disposed of.
Pagers are available for checkout in the family waiting room at Altru Hospital. These are appropriate for guests staying in contact with caregivers of a loved one.
- Monday - Friday, 6 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Maps & Lodging
Information is available to help you navigate Altru, the Grand Cities and the region.
Mailbox Drop Locations
There are several cash machines throughout our main campus.
- Prairie Winds Cafe (lower level of Altru Hospital)
- Altru Main Clinic (lobby)
- Concourse between Altru Hospital and Altru Main Clinic
To help you stay connected, we offer free wireless Internet access. Access is available in the main lobby of Altru Hospital.