Bariatric Support Services
Following bariatric surgery, continued education and support is essential. Opportunities for post surgical support and education include:
- Bariatric New Start - a six week program developed and presented by a licensed registered dietitian and an exercise specialist. Our life style approach to improving health and losing weight targets nutrition, fitness and preventative health care for a safe and effective solution that produces long term results.
- Behavior Change - a six week program that focuses on the behavioral aspects of our lives that can prevent the achievement of weight loss goals.
- Bariatric Support Group - the main goal of the Bariatric Support Groups are for bariatric patients to learn more about their weight loss experience through discussion with others that have had surgery and with professionals knowledgeable about the surgery.
- Bariatric Group Medical Visits - a post surgical group led by Shellie Wright, PA and a registered dietitian. Post surgical patients are notified of upcoming group visits as they become eligible to participate.
- Post Surgical Group Therapy - Altru Clinic social workers facilitate group therapy sessions that cover adjustment issues, barriers to weight loss, relationship issues, self esteem and self image issues. Individual appointments with dietitians, social workers, or exercise specialists.
- Other support services are available through Altru's Medical Fitness Center, Nutrition Therapy, and Clinical Social Workers.
Sign up for Altru's Bariatric Center eNewsletter. This quarterly newsletter contains educational information on bariatric services and other weight and health related topics.