Infant Bereavement Program
Altru Health System offers a year-round infant bereavement program to assist parents of children who have died before birth or shortly thereafter. The program includes:
- A monthly support group led by Infant Bereavement Coordinator, Toni Betting
- First Thursday of each month
- 7-8:30 p.m.
- Holy Family Church (1018 18th Ave. S., Grand Forks)
- Support and grief resources in the form of books and counseling
- Burial service options
- Babyland - Altru holds a burial service twice a year to bury babies and all products of conception in a reserved resting place at Calvary Cemetery. Infant coffins and funeral services are donated by local funeral homes.
- Personal burials - Altru volunteers and Northland Community and Technical College in East Grand Forks provide small caskets for personal burials.
- An annual Candlelight Memorial Service on December 6th
For more information about infant bereavement, please call 701.780.5257.