The Altru Breast Center staffs a team of professionals that will review abnormal findings from your mammogram or breast ultrasound. They will discuss further evaluation options and provide patients and their families with educational and professional support based on the diagnosis and chosen treatment plan.
Services offered at our main campus location include:
- Genetic counseling and testing
- Diagnostic imaging
- Sterotactic and mammatome breast biopsy
- Sentinel lymph node mapping
- Clinical breast exam
- Breast MRI
- Lymphedema education
Altru's Breast Imaging Program offers:
- Meets the strict MQSA standards
- Provides highest quality mammograms at the lowest possible risk to patient
- Services include:
- Breast cancer screening mammogram
- Diagnostic imaging (mammography and ultrasound)
- Breast MRI
- Breast needle localization
Your complete mammogram screening will include:
- An assessment of your breast cancer risk, including your personal, family, and medical history
- An interpretation of your mammogram by an Altru radiologist
- A written report sent to your primary care provider. A patient with an abnormal mammogram or breast ultrasound may be referred to the Breast Center
- A letter sent to your home concerning your mammogram's results and follow-up recommendations
Digital mammography provides patients with the highest quality of care in the prevention and early detection of breast cancer.
The primary advantage from a patient's standpoint is a faster exam. The difference between digital and conventional technology is the process utilized to acquire the image. Both technologies still require breast compression.
Digital Mammography Benefits:
- Improved Clarity and Flexibility: The radiologist can enhance the picture by adjusting the brightness, contrast and can zoom in on specific areas of interest.
- Enhanced Reliability: Digital mammograms give a clearer picture and are reviewed on a high resolution monitor, which means fewer women are called back for additional pictures.
- Fast Turnaround: The picture is visualized in seconds.
- Less Wait Time: The technologist does not have to leave the room to develop the film, eliminating wait time.
To schedule your digital mammogram, call (701) 780-6157.
Ultrasound Guided Breast Biopsy
An ultrasound guided biopsy is:
- Image guided biopsy
- Less invasive than surgical biopsy
- Most often used to sample mass
The Altru Breast Center is located in the lower lever of Altru Main Clinic. For more information or to schedule an appointment call:
- 701.780.2300 -Breast Center
- 701.780.6157 -Schedule Mammogram
- 701.780.6157 -Stereotactic Breast Biopsy