Altru's Breast Center staffs a team of professionals that will review abnormal findings from your mammogram or breast ultrasound. They will discuss further evaluation options and provide patients and their families with educational and professional support based on the diagnosis and chosen treatment plan.
- Diagnostic imaging
- Sterotactic and mammatome breast biopsy
- Sentinel lymph node mapping
- Clinical breast exam
- Breast MRI
- Lymphedema education
Genetic counseling and testing is available at the Center for Prevention and Genetics at Choice Health & Fitness.
Your complete mammogram screening will include:
- An assessment of your breast cancer risk, including your personal, family and medical history
- An interpretation of your mammogram
- A written report sent to your primary care provider (A patient with an abnormal mammogram or breast ultrasound may be referred to a specialist.)
- A letter sent to your home concerning your mammogram's results and follow-up recommendations
All mammography offered at Altru is digital, meaning you receive the highest quality of care in the prevention and early detection of breast cancer. Digital mammography allows for a faster exam with enhanced clarity, flexibility and reliability.
To schedule your mammogram, call 701.780.6157.
An ultrasound guided biopsy is:
- Image guided biopsy
- Less invasive than surgical biopsy
- Most often used to sample mass
Altru's Breast Center is located in the lower lever of Altru Main Clinic. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call:
- 701.780.6732 | Breast Center
- 701.780.6157 | Mammogram Scheduling
- 701.780.6157 | Stereotactic Breast Biopsy