Research and Clinical Trials
Here is a current list of available cancer studies at Altru.
Since 1977, Altru Cancer Center has partnered with the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center in Rochester, MN and the National Cancer Institute (NCI) to offer leading clinical trial research in our community. The research group is known as the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology. Our membership with the Alliance:
- Gives our physicians access to the latest information regarding advances in cancer treatment
- Allows our patients to participate in research programs at our facilities
- Means seeking the best cancer treatment doesn't have to include relocating
We also provide our patients with access to clinical trials that test emerging cancer treatment options.
These clinical trials:
- Are volunteer medical research studies
- Seek to answer specific questions about cancer and find better ways to treat or prevent cancer
- Include laboratory research programs, cancer prevention studies, and education programs
- Are designed to share information with patients, families, healthcare professionals and the general public
For more information about clinical trials and to search for trials by specific disease, visit www.cancertrialshelp.org.
For more information regarding cancer research at Altru or the Alliance, please call Altru Cancer Center at 701.780.6520.