Altru's Eye Department
Altru’s Eye Department has trained professionals whose main priority is the health of your eyes. From primary eye care and regular examinations to specialized treatment and surgery, Altru’s eye care team is dedicated to improving your vision so you can enjoy the world around you.
To make an appointment, call 701.780.6400 or 800.437.5373, ext. 6400.
Altru’s optometrists provide primary eye care services including:
- The examination and diagnosis of eye diseases, such as glaucoma, cataracts, and retinal diseases
- The diagnosis and treatment of visual conditions such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism
- The prescription of glasses, contact lenses, low vision rehabilitation and medications
- Minor surgical procedures such as the removal of foreign bodies
Altru’s ophthalmologists are specially trained in all aspects of eye care, including prevention, diagnosis and medical and surgical treatment of eye conditions and diseases.
Altru's ophthalmology services include:
- Evaluation and treatment for diabetic eye disease
- Glaucoma treatment
- Oculoplastics and cataract surgery (including topical anesthesia for cataract surgery)
- Refractive correction to patients in need of glasses or contact lenses
- Evaluation and follow-up care for laser surgery