Infant Bereavement Program
Whether you carried your baby a few weeks or a few months, the death of a child is a traumatic experience. Most people do not know what to do when faced with this kind of loss.
The bereavement team at Altru hospital assists parents and their families with the mourning process by helping them build memories and by answering important questions.
The program includes:
- Trained and supportive nursing staff to walk you through your loss
- A full-time bereavement coordinator who can counsel you and provide support materials
- Chaplains who can provide blessing and/or baptism services
- Assistance with burial arrangements
- For miscarried babies less than 20 weeks gestation, we provide a spring and fall burial service. If parents prefer, we can assist you in planning a private burial.
- For losses beyond 20 weeks we can assist you in coordinating with the funeral director of your choice for a private burial service
- Annual Memorial Service on December 6
- Wings of Hope Memorial Garden and Statue where families can remember and honor their children
For more information about infant bereavement, please call 701.780.5257.