Sports medicine is focused on the effects of exercise and sports on the human body, including treatment and prevention of injuries. Working closely with the orthopedic team, Altru's sports medicine physician diagnoses and treats on sports injuries related to the musculoskeletal system - bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles and nerves.
Together, with ready access to comprehensive care and state-of-the-art technology, Altru will get you back to your optimal performance level.
Altru's Sports Medicine services is located in Altru Rehabilitation Center. For more information or to make an appointment, please call 701.780.2300.
- Fracture care (including closed reductions)
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Injections (shoulder, elbow, knee, wrist, ankle, plantar fascia, carpal tunnel, hip finger, thumb, everything but neck and spine)
- Concussion management
- Exercised induced bronchospasm
- Strength and conditioning programs
- Return to play issues (athletes with mononucleosis, skin rash, musculoskeletal injuries, tendonitis, etc.)