Altru's Vascular Medicine specializes in the diagnosis and comprehensive treatment of vascular diseases of the circulatory system. This involves blood flow to the brain, arms, hands, legs and feet. We also provide individualized plans for patients with chronic wounds.
Altru’s Vascular Medicine serves both inpatients and outpatients and is conveniently located on the third floor of Altru Main Clinic.
For more information about Altru’s Vascular Medicine, schedule an appointment through MyHealth, or call 701.780.6400.
Our scope of services include a full range of non-invasive test for:
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) - blockage within the arteries of one's arms or legs due to atherosclerosis or other diseases, which may threaten the limbs.
- Cerebrovascular Disease - blockages in the arteries to the brain that may increase the risk of stroke
- Chronic Venous Disease - varicose veins and other disorders that cause leg swelling and ulcers
Other specialized examinations include:
- Arm artery mapping for coronary bypass
- Arterial and venous tests related to dialysis
- Follow up studies for vascular grafts
- Special tests for Raynaud's disease and Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Vein mapping for peripheral vascular or coronary bypass
Schedule an appointment through MyHealth, or call 701.780.6400.
Chronic Wound Clinic
Altru's Chronic Wound Clinic is dedicated to helping patients achieve the best outcome for treating wounds and ulcers that do not heal in a timely fashion. Our team uses the most effective, science-based treatments for a variety of chronic wounds, including:
- Diabetic ulcers
- Venous ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Traumatic ulcers
Our providers work with patients and their families to develop individualized chronic wound plans.
Contact your primary health care provider for a referral to Altru 's Chronic Wound Clinic, or call 701.780.6400 for more information.