Condition Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Observational Study on COPD starting new medication
1) Demonstrate non inferiority of UMEC/VI combination and UMEC to tiotropium for risk of Myocardial Infarction, stroke or heart failure individually based on an analysis of time to first event.
2) To quantify the incidence rate and frequency of MI, stroke, and heart failure for new users of UMEC/VI combination, UMEC, and tiotropium.
Key Inclusion Criteria
- Diagnosis of COPD verified by spirometry
- Adults over age 18 years who provide written informed consent
- Patient Medical Records available for at least 12 months prior to enrollment
Key Exclusion Criteria
- Current participation in any interventional clinical trials in which treatment regimen and/or monitoring is dictated by protocol
- Patients with hypersensitivity to UMEC, VI, tiotropium or excipients
- Maintenance treatment with a LAMA-containing medication during the 12 months prior to enrollment. Maintenance treatment is defined as 60 or more days of continuous use.