Altru’s Home Health Receives Highest Rating for Quality of Patient Care
Grand Forks, N.D. – Altru Health System has received a five star Home Health Compare Quality of Patient Care Star Rating from Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). This rating places Altru’s Home Health in the top six percent of all home health agencies in North Dakota, and the top three percent of all home health agencies in the nation.
The quality of patient care star rating summarizes 9 quality measures reported by Home Health Compare, including:
- How often the agency initiated patient care in a timely manner
- How often the agency ensured patients received flu vaccine for the current season
- How often the agency provided patient/caregiver drug education on all medications
- How often the patient got better at walking or moving around
- How often the patient got better at getting in and out of bed
- How often the patient got better at bathing themselves
- How often the patient was able to engage in activity with less pain
- How often the patient experienced less shortness of breath
- How often the patient required acute care hospitalization
Star ratings can help consumers easily identify differences in quality of care when selecting a health care provider. In addition to summarizing data about home health agency performance for consumers, star ratings can also help agencies identify areas for improvement.
About the Quality of Patient Care Star Rating
The quality of patient care star rating is based on information from home health agency patient assessments and Medicare claims data. To have a quality of patient care star rating computed, home health agencies must have reported data for 5 of the 9 measures used in the star ratings calculation.
About Altru Health System
Altru Health System is a community-owned, integrated system with an acute care hospital, a specialty hospital, more than a dozen clinics in Grand Forks and the region, a large home care network, and a congregate living facility. It employs more than 200 physicians and 4,000 staff and has an annual net operating revenue of more than $450 million. As the first member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, Altru’s providers have access to clinically integrated tools extending Mayo Clinic’s knowledge and expertise to patients.