Visitor Restrictions at Altru Health System
Our top priority is keeping our patients, staff and community safe and healthy. It is vital for us to carefully monitor admittance into our facilities. Thank you for your understanding and assistance as we work to ensure a healthy environment for our patients and staff.
- All visitors and patients will continue to be screened upon entering our facilities.
- Visitors should not have symptoms of respiratory infection such as a cough, shortness of breath or a fever.
- No visitors under the age of 18.
- Exceptions may be made by clinical administration for critical illness or end of life situations.
No visitors allowed:
- Inpatient units – some exceptions may be made by clinical administration.
- Emergency department – If patient requires assistance or a driver, exemptions for 1 visitor may be made.
1 Visitor allowed:
- OB and Labor and Delivery Units
- Clinic Appointments
- Procedural Departments
- Family Birthing Center
2 Visitors allowed:
- NICU and Pediatric Unit - Parent/Guardian(s) only
- Procedural Departments - Patients under 18 years of age
In addition, Altru will limit non-Altru staff from attending meetings, volunteer activities and events at Altru locations now through April 12. These limitations will include outside vendors and contractors that are non-essential to patient care or business operations. We will also be prioritizing virtual meetings and rescheduling, canceling or adjusting any meetings or events involving more than 20 people.
About Altru Health System
Rated the number one hospital in North Dakota in 2019 by U.S. News and World Report, Altru Health System is now in its second century of serving the communities of northeastern North Dakota and northwestern Minnesota. Based in Grand Forks, North Dakota, Altru Health System is a physician-led, multispecialty group practice with an acute care hospital, Level II trauma center, specialty hospital, more than two dozen Grand Forks and regional practice locations, and a large home care network. As the region’s largest private employer, Altru Health System employs more than 300 physicians and advanced practice providers and 3,800 staff. Altru Health System was the first member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, extending Mayo Clinic knowledge and expertise to the patients we serve. For more information, visit altru.org.