- Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Western Michigan University, Emergency Medicine
ACLS, ATLS, PALS, AWLS, FCCS, ADLS, ALSO
American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP), North Dakota Chapter of the ACEP
Honors, Awards, etc.
Medical Student of the Year 2013-2014, Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine
Lovita Scrimshaw, DO joins Altru as an emergency medicine physician. Her special procedures include airway management and intubation, critical and trauma care, bone and joint reduction/splinting and more. In her free time, she enjoys cooking, hiking and spending time with family.
Special Practices and Procedures
- Critical Care and Trauma Care
- Cardioversion, Cardiac Pacing, Defibrillation
- Bone and Joint Reduction/Splinting
- Procedural Sedation and Analgesia
- Wound Management and Laceration Repair
- Other Special Procedures: Central Venous Catheter Placement, Chest Tube Placement, Emergency Ultrasound, Lateral Canthotomy, Lumbar Puncture, Pericardiocentesis, Resuscitative Thoracotomy