- University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
- University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Internal Medicine
- University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Gastroenterology
Honors, Awards, etc.
- Poster of Distinction, Digestive Diseases Week 2015
- Poster of Distinction, Digestive Diseases Week 2014
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society Member, 2014
- Loyalty Fund Scholar, UNC School of Medicine, 2007-2011
- Merit Scholarship, Yale University School of Epidemiology and Public Health, 2000-2002
- Dean’s Fellowship, Yale University School of Epidemiology and Public Health, 2001
W. Asher Wolf, MD has joined Altru as a specialist in gastroenterology. He specializes in removal of large polyps, treatment of Barrett's esophagus, strictures of the digestive tract, upper and lower endoscopies, and more. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his children, hiking and fishing.
Philosophy Of Medicine
"I take pride in connecting with patients to understand their health problems and create a course together for successful treatment."
Special Practices and Procedures
- Removal of large polyps
- Treatment of Barrett's esophagus
- Treatment of strictures of the digestive tract
- Treatment of bile duct diseases including ERCP for removal of gallstones Evaluation of pancreatic masses using endoscopic ultrasound
- Upper endoscopy
- Treatment of hemorrhoids, abdominal pain, difficulty swallowing, bleeding in the digestive tract