Altru Sports Advantage offers human performance enhancement services for youth athletes, collegiate athletes and fitness-focused adults to train at the highest level with training and nutrition education. With the support of sports medicine professionals at Altru Advanced Orthopedics, you can trust our team to help you achieve your goals safely and effectively.
Local human performance specialists and board-certified sports dietitians lead our programs:
- Winter Training Schedule (December 2 - March 6)
- One-on-One Training
- Bridge Program
- Collegiate Training
- Professional/Elite Training
- Performance Evaluation
- Performance Nutrition
Grand Forks Hours
- Monday - Friday | 5:30 - 6:30 a.m.
- Monday - Friday | 6:30 - 7:30 a.m.
- Monday - Friday | 9 - 10 a.m.
- Monday - Friday | 12 - 1 p.m.
- Monday - Friday | 4:30 - 5:30 p.m.
- Monday - Thursday | 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday | 8 - 9 a.m.
- Saturday | 9 - 10 a.m.
High School Training
- Monday - Friday | 3:15 - 4:30 p.m.
Youth Training (5th - 8th grade)
- Monday - Thursday | 4 - 5 p.m.
Altru Performance Center | 1375 S. Columbia Road | Grand Forks, ND 58201
About Sports Advantage
Each program begins with an individualized assessment, where our experts listen, understand your goals and tailor a program to best suit your needs. Your well-being is our top priority, so you have access to experts across the entire continuum of care at Altru. We have a physical therapist on-site who ensures our athletes and clients receive seamless care should they need it, and can transition back to activity safely.
Our team offers training options and nutrition services to fit your specific needs. With a 5,000-square-foot space, Sports Advantage provides top of the line equipment, dedicated training space and a synthetic turf field.
One -On-One Training
Personal Training at our Facility is an outstanding option for someone who prefers a 1:1 coaching relationship as their key form of training or for people with variable schedules - including athletes, executives and stay-at-home spouses. Our nationally qualified Team personalize your workout so it caters to your individual wants and needs. If your goal is to decrease body fat and build muscle we can help. If your goal is to live an overall healthier lifestyle, we can help. Our Team can keep you on track, keep you inspired, accountable, and can help you stay focused on reaching your goals. If you have any specific health conditions or injuries, we will work with you and your doctor and one of our physical therapists to plan a safe, effective, and sustainable program. If you have not trained in a long time, one on one training is a wonderful way to begin your fitness journey.
Primary Reasons for One-On-One Training
- Increased accountability
- Decrease in body fat
- Weight loss
- Individual goal setting
- Individualized program design
We provide participants with performance training, nutritional support and physical therapy through a continuum of a care-based model.
The Program Exists for Two Purposes
- To support people who are hesitant about working out again or might feel they are too “out of shape” to be back in a fitness facility
- To support the injured population of the Grand Forks and East Grand Forks communities
What Bridge Program Participants Can Expect
- An assessment by our performance staff (performance specialist and performance dietitian) and physical therapy team to determine plan of care
- Performance specialists assimilate the information and customizes everyone’s movement ability and strength level
- The option of training twice per week or up to six days per week
- 1:1 consultation with our registered dietician to develop customized plan in line with specific goals and needs
- Monday-Friday 6:30 a.m. - 7:30 a.m. or 1 p.m. - 2 p.m.
Cost and Breakdown
- Every Bridge Program participant receives an initiation rate of $179 for their first 3 weeks
- Per week: $59
- Per session $9
Training at Sports Advantage begins with an initial evaluation. This evaluation looks at the client’s biomechanical breakdown, the results of which lead us to a greater understanding of the person’s body which helps create an individualized game plan.