This course is designed for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. Through didactic instruction and active participation in simulated cases, students will enhance their skills in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiopulmonary arrest, acute arrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes (ACS).
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to apply important concepts, including
- The Basic Life Support (BLS) Survey
- High-quality cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- The ACLS Survey
- The ACLS algorithms
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics
- Immediate post-cardiac arrest care
The goal of the ACLS Provider Course is to improve outcomes for adult patients with cardiac arrest or other cardiopulmonary emergencies through provider training.
Upon successful completion of this course students should be able to:
- Recognize and initiate early management of periarrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing BLS care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating automated external defibrillator (AED) use
- Recognize and manage respiratory arrest
- Recognize and manage cardiac arrest until termination of resusitation or transfer of care, including immediate post-cardiac arrest care
- Recognize and initiate early management of ACS, including appropriate disposition
- Recognize and initiate early management of stroke, including appropriate disposition
- Demonstrate effective communication as a member or leader of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
The following knowledge and skills are required for successful course completion:
- BLS Skills
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) rhythm interpretation for core ACLS rhythms
- Knowledge of airway managemnt and adjuncts
- Basic ACLS drug and pharmacology knowledge
- Practical application of ACLS rhythms and drugs
- Effective resuscitation team concepts
BLS re-certification is now included in our ACLS classes!
BLS Re-certification Requirements:
- Participants must have a current BLS provider card and bring it to the class for verification.
- Successful completion of all the tasks, including written BLS exam and hands-on skills.