The Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Update Course is for students who have a current ACLS Provider card and need to update and refresh their ACLS skills. This course is primarily focused on skills competency testing. There is a maximum renewal period of two years.
Upon successful completion of this course students should be able to:
- Recognize and initiate early management of periarrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing BLS care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating automated external defibrillator (AED) use
- Recognize and manage respiratory arrest
- Recognize and manage cardiac arrest until termination of resusitation or transfer of care, including immediate post-cardiac arrest care
- Recognize and initiate early management of ACS, including appropriate disposition
- Recognize and initiate early management of stroke, including appropriate disposition
- Demonstrate effective communication as a member or leader of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
BLS re-certification is now included in our ACLS classes!
BLS Re-certification Requirements:
- Participants must have a current BLS provider card and bring it to the class for verification.
- Successful completion of all the tasks, including written BLS exam and hands-on skills.