One of the largest healthcare systems in all of northeastern North Dakota and northwestern Minnesota, Altru offers a comprehensive benefits package to its full- and part-time employees. Excellent benefits include a health plan and 401(k) retirement plan. Other benefits include a dental plan, vision plan, life and disability insurance, education assistance, paid time off (PTO) and Altru business discounts throughout the region.
Health Plan Benefits
Altru and Medica have created a unique network that delivers quality care, patient satisfaction and lower costs. Altru & You with Medica provides access to more than 40 primary care clinics and 17 hospitals in Northeastern North Dakota and Northwestern Minnesota. The plan designed for Altru employees is unique to us. Our self-funded medical coverage helps you and your family maintain your well-being.
If you choose, Altru offers dental coverage through the Delta Dental plan. This plan covers 100 percent of most diagnostic and preventive care services, 80 percent of basic services and 50 percent of major procedures and orthodontic services based on the $1,000 allowed amount. The coverage may vary depending on the date of service and previous claims.
Altru employees also have access to a materials-only vision plan offered through EyeMed. This voluntary plan allows employees and their dependents additional benefits for eyeglasses and contacts. The exam would still be covered under the medical plan.
The Altru Health System 401(k) Plan provides you with the tools and flexibility you need to retire comfortably and securely. Altru offers a 401(k) Plan with an automatic 3 % employer contribution for eligible employees. You decide how to invest the assets in your account. The Altru Health System 401(k) Plan offers a selection of investment options for you to choose from.
Paid Parental Leave
We offer three parental leave benefits that protect your income at 100 percent while you are able to care for and bond with a newborn or a newly adopted child.
- Paid Maternity Benefit: Eligible employees will receive eight weeks of paid maternity leave to help the birth mother recover and bond with their newborn.
- Paid Adoption Benefit: Eligible employees who are the primary caregiver will receive four weeks of paid adoption leave to bond with their newly adopted child. Eligible employees who are the secondary caregiver will receive two weeks of paid adoption leave.
- Paid Paternity Leave: Eligible employees who are the father or secondary caregiver will receive two weeks of paid paternity leave to bond with their newborn.
Other Altru Benefits
Altru Health System offers many other benefits that make working at Altru a satisfying and rewarding experience:
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Certain Paid Holidays (included in PTO)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Gym Membership Discounts & Rewards
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance for Spouse and Dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accidental Injury Insurance
- Hospital Stay Insurance
Human Resources is now located at Gate City Building, 2850 24th Avenue South in Grand Forks. Feel free to send us questions, comments or your resume.
Human Resources Department
Altru Health System
P.O. Box 6002
Grand Forks, ND 58206-6002
Providers please contact:
Provider Recruitment Department
Altru Health System
P.O. Box 6003
Grand Forks, ND 58206-6003