New Graduate Nurse Residency Program
Our Nurse Residency program guides new registered nurses through a yearlong onboarding process to create a smooth transition from student to professional nurse.
The program includes:
- Onboarding for the first four weeks on a hospital unit with nurse educator and mentor
- Weekly learning labs incorporated during the first month
- Monthly learning labs to follow the remainder of the year
- Orientation is completed on home unit after the first four weeks
Learning Lab Topics:
Patient-Centered Care, Teamwork and Collaboration, Evidence-Based Practice, Safety, Quality Improvements, Informatics, and Care of the Nurse
Who Should Apply?
- New graduate nurses
- Registered nurse with less than one year of acute care experience
- Nursing students in the final semester of nursing school
Program Mission, Vision and Values
- Mission: Developing Skills, Building Confidence, Advancing Knowledge
- Vision: Impact the future of healthcare by developing nurses who establish professional, accountable, and quality driven practices
- Values: Resiliency, Integrity, Trustworthy, Caring, Leadership, Excellence, Competent, Safety-Orientated
Nurse Residency Testimonials
Past graduates of our Nurse Residency Program have shared the following:
“It was nice having a team of people all starting together. You were all in it together.”
“This program has really increased my knowledge of resources at Altru. Went above and beyond my expectations!”
“It was super nice to have a go-to person with the millions of questions when first starting.”
“It helped me be more confident when I went to my unit to start training.”
To learn more about our Nurse Residency Program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.