Altru is seeking a BC/BE Dermatopathologist to join its team in Grand Forks, ND.
Altru Health Systemis a community-owned, integrated healthcare system with a Trauma II hospital, a specialty hospital, more than a dozen clinics in Grand Forks and the surrounding region, and a large home care network. More than 200 physicians are employed with Altru crossing 44 specialties and serving a referral population of over 225,000 residents in in northeast North Dakota and northwest Minnesota. As the first member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, Altru’s providers have access to clinically integrated tools extending Mayo Clinic’s knowledge and expertise to patients.
- Team of 5 pathologists with variable fellowship training:
- Hematopathology, Surgical pathology, Hematopathology/Molecular pathology, Surgical pathology/cytopathology and a general pathology trained pathologist
- 15,000 Surgicals, 8,350 Pap smears, 1,470 non-GYN, 180 Bone marrows, No autopsies
- Sub specialization in Dermatopathology to support busy Dermatology practice
- Support regional laboratories as medical directors
- Support primary laboratory in Grand Forks through medical director and clinical consultant roles for all service areas
- Support busy EBUS, EUS and Interventional Radiology Biopsy services
- Provide frozen section service for surgery
- Equipment includes typical instruments to process and prepare tissue for diagnostic observation, automated immunohistochemistry stainers (Ventana) and Thin Prep Processor for cytology, multi-headed scope for intradepartmental daily QA conference
- New hospitalto be completed in 2022
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance and retirement plans
- Paid malpractice insurance including tail coverage
- Relocation and immigration allowance
- Generous vacation and CME time off
Altru Family Medicine Residency offers teaching opportunities for residents and fellows in family practice, obstetrics, and sports medicine. Also located in Grand Forks, the University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences offers research and teaching opportunities for medical students and general surgery residents.
Requirements: BC/BE Dermatopathology (AP/CP Required)