Altru Health System in Grand Forks, ND is currently seeking a BC/BE Gastroenterologist (outpatient) to join its growing practice.
Altru Health System is a community-owned, integrated healthcare system with a Trauma II hospital, a specialty hospital, more than a dozen clinics in Grand Forks and the surrounding region, and a large home care network. More than 200 physicians are employed with Altru crossing 44 specialties and serving a referral population of over 225,000 residents in in northeast North Dakota and northwest Minnesota. As the first member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, Altru’s providers have access to clinically integrated tools extending Mayo Clinic’s knowledge and expertise to patients.
- Outpatient practice with limited call and covered by inpatient Gastroenterologists
- Multi-specialty Ambulatory Procedures Center located in the same suite as the GI practice, includes 5 procedure rooms dedicated to GI Endoscopy and a 16 –bed recovery area (All outpatient endoscopies including colonoscopy, EGD and some sigmoidoscopies are performed here).
- 5,911 endoscopies performed in 2017
- 4459 outpatient endoscopies through Nov 2018
- State-of-the-art equipment including Olympus High Definition, NBI endoscopes and Sandhill 32-channel Impedance Manometry/pH system
- ERCP and EUS available
- Dedicated and skilled endoscopic Nurses and Endoscopy Tech staff
- New hospital to be completed in 2022
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance and retirement plans
- Paid malpractice insurance including tail coverage
- Relocation and immigration allowance
- Generous vacation and CME time off
Altru Family Medicine Residency offers teaching opportunities for residents and fellows in family practice, obstetrics, and sports medicine. Also located in Grand Forks, the University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences offers research and teaching opportunities for medical students and general surgery residents.