Altru is seeking a BC/BE Neurosurgeon to join its team in Grand Forks, ND.
Altru Health System is a community-owned, integrated healthcare system with a Trauma II hospital, a specialty hospital, more than a dozen clinics in Grand Forks and the surrounding region, and a large home care network. More than 200 physicians are employed with Altru crossing 44 specialties and serving a referral population of over 225,000 residents in in northeast North Dakota and northwest Minnesota. As the first member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, Altru’s providers have access to clinically integrated tools extending Mayo Clinic’s knowledge and expertise to patients.
- Busy adult/degenerative spine practice at a Level II Trauma Center
- Call currently approximately 1:4
- Built-in referral base with established large primary care network and vast surrounding rural communities of northeast North Dakota and northwest Minnesota.
- Current practice is approximately 90% elective spine, 5% cranial, 5% trauma
- Supported by Trauma/Acute Care Surgeons and General Surgery residency program with in-house residents
- Operating rooms, hospital, clinic space and ER all located at single campus without need to travel/commute
- New hospital to be completed in 2022
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance and retirement plans
- Paid malpractice insurance including tail coverage
- Relocation and immigration allowance
- Generous vacation and CME time off
Altru Family Medicine Residency offers teaching opportunities for residents and fellows in family practice, obstetrics, and sports medicine. Also located in Grand Forks, the University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences offers research and teaching opportunities for medical students and general surgery residents.