Altru Health System is an integrated healthcare system of more than 200 physicians representing 44 specialties located in 10 communities serving a population of 225,000 in northeastern North Dakota and northwestern Minnesota. Practice in Grand Forks, ND, a community of 65,000 located on the North Dakota/Minnesota border.
Join a well-established practice with opportunities for growth. Work with a supportive staff in a patient focused practice with easy access to specialty care. Responsibilities include:
- Work Injury Management
- Specialty Physical Examinations
- Employee Health oversight
- Work 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with ability to be flexible based on department needs
- Patient focused practice
- Willingness and ability to work with teams including occupational therapy, physical therapy and hand therapy, medical case managers both in house and from other organizations
- There are currently 4 case managers within department.
- Engaged in relationship development with business partners
- DOT examinations
- Outreach to regional clinics as needed
- Willingness to provide presentations to colleagues, businesses, and lead worksite health initiatives.
The University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences located in Grand Forks. Offers opportunities to teach medical students and residents on rotation with additional teaching exposure opportunities on campus. Altru has a Family Medicine Residency program and UND has a Surgical Residency program.
About Grand Forks
Grand Forks (www.visitgrandforks.com), is a community of 60,000 with an excellent school system, safe neighborhoods, low crime rate, affordable housing and an abundance of cultural and recreational activities. A short drive to the natural beauty of clean Minnesota Lakes or the diversity of nearby metropolitan areas is easy access from Grand Forks, North Dakota. The Red River of the North separates Grand Forks from neighboring East Grand Forks in Minnesota.
The University of North Dakota (UND) (www.und.edu) is located in Grand Forks. The University is one of only 47 public universities in the country with both a medical school and an accredited law school. In addition, UND is home to one of the top aerospace programs in the world. UND competes in Division I intercollegiate sports and is the home to the 11,700-seat Ralph Engelstad Arena which is considered the finest college hockey arena in the country. Attached is the Betty Engelstad Sioux center which is home to both men’s and women’s basketball, volleyball and soccer. It is an ideal venue for catered events and concerts and shows as well.
Altru Health System provides competitive compensation, reviewed annually with specialty specific industry data. Altru also offers an extensive and comprehensive benefit package.
Requirement: BC/BE in Occupational Medicine or Primary Care based specialty. Interest in manipulative medicine a plus.
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Retirement plans
- Life Insurance