Altru Health System (www.altru.org), Pathology team is currently seeking an AP/CP BC/BE pathologist. Altru Health System is a community based, non-profit integrated health system located in Grand Forks, ND with more than 270 beds and over 200 physicians representing 44 specialties with 5 full time pathologists. The pathology group provides services for Altru Health System and several regional facilities in the surrounding area. Altru Hospital provides education and training for residents and medical students from the Altru Family Medicine Residency program, UND Surgical Residency program, and UND Medical School. Altru provides competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package.
- Medical directorship and clinical consultant roles
- Approximately 15,000 surgical specimens, 1400 cytology specimens, and 7500 Pap smears (Thin Prep) processed annually
- Frozen section and cytology rapid smear evaluations
- Opportunity for medical student and resident education
- No autopsy service
Skills and Qualifications:
- Board certified in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology through the American Board of Pathology or eligible to obtain board certification
- Eligible to be licensed in both North Dakota and Minnesota
- Subspecialty training in dermatopathology, breast or GI and/or experience preferred
About Grand Forks
Grand Forks (www.visitgrandforks.com), is a community of 60,000 with an excellent school system, safe neighborhoods, low crime rate, affordable housing and an abundance of cultural and recreational activities. Located on the Red River and the Minnesota boarder, it is a short drive from Grand Forks to the natural beauty of clean Minnesota Lakes or the diversity of nearby metropolitan areas of Minneapolis/St. Paul.
The University of North Dakota (UND) (www.und.edu) and the University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences (https://med.und.edu/), offer diversity, culture and youth to the community of Grand Forks. The University is one of only 47 public universities in the country with both a medical school and an accredited law school. In addition, UND is home to one of the top aerospace programs in the world. UND competes in Division I intercollegiate sports and is the home to the 11,700-seat Ralph Engelstad Arena which is considered the finest college hockey arena in the country. Attached is the Betty Engelstad Sioux center which is home to both men’s and women’s basketball, volleyball and soccer.