When you join Altru Health System, you will join over 4,000 health professionals and support staff committed to caring for the region for more than 100 years.
- Competitive salary package including comprehensive benefits, relocation and immigration allowances, and generous vacation and CME time off
- Paid malpractice insurance including tail coverage
- Research and academic opportunities
- Call schedules allowing for meaningful family time
- New, state-of-the-art hospital scheduled to break ground in 2019
Health Plan Benefits
Altru and Medica have created a unique network that delivers quality care, patient satisfaction and lower costs. Altru & You with Medica provides access to more than 40 primary care clinics and 17 hospitals in Northeastern North Dakota and Northwestern Minnesota. The plan designed for Altru employees is unique to us. Our self-funded medical coverage helps you and your family maintain your well-being.
If you choose, Altru offers complete dental coverage through the Delta Dental plan. This plan covers 100 percent of most diagnostic and preventive care services, 80 percent of restorative services and 50 percent of major procedures and orthodontic services based on the allowed amount.
Altru employees also have access to a materials only vision plan offered through EyeMed. This voluntary plan allows employees and their dependents additional benefits for eyeglasses and contacts. The exam would still be covered under the medical plan.
Altru offers a competitive, valuable 401(k) retirement savings plan. As a general rule, you are eligible for the plan if you are age 21 and in a full- or part-time position. For all other employees, you must be age 21 and work at least 1,000 hours during a year of service to become eligible for the plan. The 401(k) plan allows you to make pre-tax or Roth (after tax) contributions. There is a match of 50% on the first 6% of your compensation that you contribute to the plan on a per pay basis. In addition to the match, Altru will contribute 3% of your compensation, on a per pay basis. You are vested* in the 401(k) once eligible and contributions are made.
*Vested means all employee and employer contributions belong to you immediately.
Full and part-time Physicians will also have the option to participate in the 457(b) deferred compensation plan. As part of this identified group of highly compensated employees, you are eligible to contribute up to the maximum salary deferral set by the IRS annually to this plan.
Paid Parental Leave
We offer three parental leave benefits that protect your income at 100 percent while you are able to care for and bond with a newborn or a newly adopted child.
- Paid Maternity Benefit: Eligible employees will receive eight weeks of paid maternity leave to help the birth mother recover and bond with their newborn.
- Paid Adoption Benefit: Eligible employees who are the primary caregiver will receive four weeks of paid adoption leave to bond with their newly adopted child. Eligible employees who are the secondary caregiver will receive two weeks of paid adoption leave.
- Paid Paternity Leave: Eligible employees who are the father or secondary caregiver will receive two weeks of paid paternity leave to bond with their newborn.
Other Altru Benefits
Altru Health System offers many other benefits that make working at Altru a satisfying and rewarding experience:
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Vacation and CME Time
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Gym Membership Discounts & Rewards
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity Benefits
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance for Spouse and Dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
Human Resources is now located at Gate City Building, 2850 24th Avenue South in Grand Forks. Feel free to send us questions, comments or your resume.
Human Resources Department
Altru Health System
P.O. Box 6002
Grand Forks, ND 58206-6002
Physicians, please contact:
Physician Recruiting Department
Altru Health System
P.O. Box 6003
Grand Forks, ND 58206-6003