How to Help
At Altru, we are proud to support our doctors, nurses, healthcare professionals, and administrators who are continuing the high level of care within our Altru facilities during this time of uncertainty. If you are looking for ways to purposefully support our community’s fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, check out the below opportunities to get involved.
- Donate to Altru Health Foundation’s COVID-19 Relief Fund to help with the added needs for our hospital and support our team of caregivers here at home during this crisis. These funds will be distributed to areas of greatest need, as the crisis continues. Click here to donate to the COVID-19 Relief Fund.
- Support Altru Employees by giving to the Spirit of Caring fund, to help Altru employees through personal and financial hardships if they are unable to work due to COVID-19. (Just head to altru.org/donate.) If you or your business are interested in supporting Altru employees or patients through gift cards, coupons or discounts, meals, products, or services, please contact Kelly Quigley at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Altru Health Foundation.
- Support the Sunshine Hospitality Home by providing household essentials and non-perishable food items for guests and families. Top needed items include: individually wrapped breakfast items and snacks, non-perishable boxed or canned food items, household products such as disinfectant wipes, and personal care products such as shampoo and hand soap. Donations will be accepted by appointment at the Sunshine Hospitality Home front entrance by calling Wendy at 701.732.7909. You may also continue to support the Sunshine Home during this great time of need by donating online at altru.org/donate.
- Donations of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Homemade/Sewn Face Masks – Altru is accepting homemade masks for our patients and visitors as extra personal protection. Please contact Brittany Caillier at email@example.com to schedule your donation drop-off. (Looking for more sewing projects? Here are a few other common items we happily accept: quilts [any size], tie blankets [adult or child size], and port pillows [preferred pattern available].)
- PPE from other Industries – We may accept PPE, such as masks or gloves, from other industries such as dental offices and schools of nursing. Please contact Brenda Pauley-Colter at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in donating such supplies.
Looking for other ways to help? Please visit Altru's blog and the recent post titled The Healing Power of Generosity, which shares six ways you can inspire generosity within our community.
For questions or to donate, please contact Altru Health Foundation or visit altru.org/donate.
Altru Health Foundation
2501 DeMers Ave.
P.O. Box 6002
Grand Forks, ND 58206-6002