Philosophy Of Medicine
“I strive for patients to feel empowered, informed, and understood. I strive to listen. Once we have a strong mutual understanding, I aim to educate about all possible options. Patients should feel they can make an informed decision, even in complicated situations. When we take the time to fully discuss the options I know that we can feel confident and comfortable with our plan.”
- Northwestern University, McCormick School of Engineering, Evanston, Illinois, BS Chemical Engineering
- University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Graduate School, MS Otolaryngology
- University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Otolaryngology - Head Neck Surgery Residency
- University of Minnesota Medical Device Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Senior Innovation Fellowship
- Board Certified in Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
Teaching or Professional Positions
Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Surgery, University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Inventor of Minne Ties, a novel FDA-cleared technology for treating jaw fractures.
Areas of Interest
General/full spectrum otolaryngology-head & neck surgery with specific interests in facial trauma, facial reconstruction, Mohs surgery reconstructions, ear surgeries including bone-anchored hearing aids, voice restoration including vocal cord paralysis treatments, and head & neck skin cancer care including melanoma. Commonly treats ear infections, tonsil concerns, sinus disease and other common ear, nose, and throat concerns.
Honors, Awards, etc.
- Minne Ties Agile MMF by Summit Medical Wins 2018 Medical Design Excellence Award
- Gold Human Honor Society Member