- Ear, Nose & Throat
Areas of Interest
General/full spectrum otolaryngology-head & neck surgery with specific interests in facial trauma, facial reconstruction, Mohs surgery reconstructions, ear surgeries including bone-anchored hearing aids, voice restoration including vocal cord paralysis treatments, and head & neck skin cancer care including melanoma. Commonly treats ear infections, tonsil concerns, sinus disease and other common ear, nose, and throat concerns.
- Northwestern University, McCormick School of Engineering, Evanston, Illinois, BS Chemical Engineering
- University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Graduate School, MS Otolaryngology
- University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Otolaryngology - Head Neck Surgery Residency
- University of Minnesota Medical Device Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Senior Innovation Fellowship
Inventor of Minne Ties, a novel FDA-cleared technology for treating jaw fractures.
- Board Certified in Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
Teaching or Professional Positions
Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Surgery, University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Honors, Awards, etc.
- Minne Ties Agile MMF by Summit Medical Wins 2018 Medical Design Excellence Award
- Gold Human Honor Society Member
Dr. Alan Johnson is a specialist in ear, nose and throat, and otolaryngology. His areas of interest include head and neck surgery, facial trauma, facial reconstruction, Mohs surgery reconstructions, voice restoration and skin cancer care in the head and neck region. Dr. Johnson commonly treats ear infections, tonsil concerns, sinus disease and other common ear, throat and nose concerns. In his free time, Dr. Johnson enjoys being outside with his family and participating in triathlons.
Philosophy Of Medicine
“I strive for patients to feel empowered, informed, and understood. I strive to listen. Once we have a strong mutual understanding, I aim to educate about all possible options. Patients should feel they can make an informed decision, even in complicated situations. When we take the time to fully discuss the options I know that we can feel confident and comfortable with our plan.”