- Internal Medicine
- American University of Antigua College of Medicine, St. Georges, Antigua
- Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois, Internal Medicine and Psychiatry Residency
- American Board of Psychiatry
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American College of Physicians (ACP)
- American Psychiatric Association (APA)
- Association of Medicine and Psychiatry (AMP)
Honors, Awards, etc.
- Trainee of the year 2017, Department of Psychiatry, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine
- Catherine Speedie Memorial Award 2017, Department of Psychiatry, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine
- Chief Administrative Resident, 03/01/2015 - 02/28/2016, Department of Psychiatry, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine
- Chief Inpatient Resident, 04/01/2017 - 04/30/2017, Department of Psychiatry, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine
Chenelle Joseph, MD, is a psychiatry and internal medicine provider at Altru Health System. She specializes in depressive and anxiety disorders, neurocognitive disorders and behavioral disturbances associated with metabolic encephalopathy or delirium. Outside of work, Dr. Joseph enjoys reading, knitting, traveling and gardening.
To schedule an Internal Medicine appointment, please call 701.780.6400.
To schedule a Psychiatry appointment, please call 701.780.6697.
Philosophy Of Medicine
“The reason I chose my field of training is because I wanted to be capable to take care of a patient in their entirety. I believe that there is a link between the physical and the mental health, and that the management of both is vital to optimum patient care.”
Special Practices and Procedures
- Supportive psychotherapy
- Cognitive behavioral psychotherapy
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)