- University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska, Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
Honors, Awards, etc.
- AAGL Resident Award for Recognition of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology
Ciara Johnson, MD specializes in obstetrics and gynecology at Altru. In her free time, Dr. Johnson enjoys spending time with her husband, daughter, son, family and friends. She also enjoys cooking, reading, and outdoor activities, such as running, rollerblading, hiking and biking.
Philosophy Of Medicine
"Since embarking on my journey into medicine, I have felt drawn to women's healthcare because I feel that I can connect with, and serve, women during some of their most vulnerable life experiences, labor and childbirth. I strive to be relatable to my patients, put them at ease and leave them with an increased understanding of their health. I spend time staying up-to-date in this ever-changing field so that I am equipped to give the best care that I can to my patients. After having a daughter of my own, it has become even more of a priority to provide the type of care that I would want her to receive in the future."
Special Practices and Procedures
- Prenatal Care
- Labor & Delivery
- Preconception Counseling
- Menstrual Abnormalities
- Preventative Healthcare
- Gynecologic Surgery