- University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Grand Forks, North Dakota, Doctor of Medicine
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency
- § Lessard-Anderson CR, Handlogten KS, Molitor RJ, Dowdy SC, Cliby WA, Weaver AL, St Sauver J, and Bakkum-Gamez JN. Effect of Tubal Sterilization Technique on Risk of Serous Epithelial Ovarian and Primary Peritoneal Carcinoma Gynecologic Oncology Dec 2014; 135 (3): 423 - 7.
- § Weight CJ, Sellon JL, Lessard-Anderson CR, Shanafelt TD, Olsen KD, and Laskowski ER. Physical Activity, Quality of Life, and Burnout Among Physician Trainees: The Effect of a Team-Based, Incentivized Exercise Program Mayo Clinic Proceedings Dec 2013; 88(12): 1435-42.
- § Guintoli RL, Lessard-Anderson CR, Gerardi MA, Kushnir CL, Cliby WA, Metzinger DS, and Gostout BS. Comparison of Current Staging Systems and a Novel Staging System for Uterine Leiomyosarcoma International Journal of Gynecologic Cancer 2013; 23(5): 869-876.
- § Lessard CR and Hopkins MR. Efficacy, Safety, and Patient Acceptability of the EssureTM procedure. Patient Preference and Adherence Apr 2011 (5): 207-212.
- § Rimmer RB, Rutter CE, Lessard CR, Pressman MS, Jost JC, Bosch J, Foster KN, and Caruso DM. Burn Care Professionals’ Attitudes and Practices Regarding Discussions of Sexuality and Intimacy with Adult Burn Survivors. Journal of Burn Care and Research 2010; 31(4): 579-589.
Teaching or Professional Positions
- Administrative Chief Resident – Mayo Clinic – 2012-2013
Honors, Awards, etc.
- AAGL Special Resident in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery Award - 2013
- Oral Presentation at the Society of Gynecologic Oncology's Annual Meeting on Women's Cancer - "The Impact of Tubal Sterilization Techniques on the Risk of Serous Ovarian and Primary Peritoneal Carcinoma: A Rochester Epidemiology Project (REP) Study" - March 12, 2013 - Los Angeles, CA
Collette Lessard, MD, FACOG specializes in obstetrics and gynecology and feels privileged to help guide women and their families through some of the happiest and some of the most challenging times in their lives. Dr. Lessard is blessed to be a mom to two wonderful daughters and enjoys spending time with her husband and family. In her free time she can be found running, strength training, gardening and attending UND athletic events.
Philosophy Of Medicine
“My philosophy is to give patients the knowledge and understanding they need to make the best decisions for their health. When a woman leaves my office I hope that she understands her body/condition more and understands why I am recommending a certain treatment. I approach each patient as an individual and treat her as I would my own family and friends. Medicine is constantly evolving with new information and research. I strive to practice evidence-based medicine, keeping up with the changing practice and guidelines.”
Special Practices and Procedures
- Office gynecology
- Women’s health
- Gynecologic surgery