- University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, North Dakota, BSN Degree in Nursing
- Certified wound specialist
- Certified ostomy care nurse
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- Association for the Advancement of Wound Care (AAWC)
- Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society (WOCNS)
- North Dakota Nurse Practitioners Associations (NDNPA)
Jennifer Verkuehlen, FNP-C, CWS, COCN-AP, is a specialist in chronic wound care and ostomy care at Altru. In her free time, she enjoys reading, antique shopping, gardening, fishing and spending time with family and friends.
Philosophy Of Medicine
"I love taking care of patients and helping them heal, get well and adjust to new changes in their health status so they can live productive lives. It is rewarding to be able to help patients improve their health."
Special Practices and Procedures
- Chronic wound care
- Ostomy (colostomy, ileostomy and urostomy) management, education and support