- St. George’s University, Grenada, West Indies
- Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch, New Jersey, General Surgery Internship
- Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch, New Jersey, General Surgery Residency
- Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University, Augusta, Georgia, Surgical Critical Care Fellowship
- Board certified in General Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
Honors, Awards, etc.
- Minnie L. Presley Patient Safety Award, Cyril S. Arvanitis Memorial Award
Dr. Kristin Korderas is an acute care surgeon at Altru Health System. She performs emergency surgeries on adults and children. She is passionate about surgery and believes that taking time to understand her patients and what their expectations and goals are will lead to the best patient care and outcomes. She loves teaching and looks forward to continuing to work with surgical residents. Dr. Korderas is originally from Ontario, Canada, and she enjoys cooking, martial arts, aquarium keeping and wildlife preservation.
Philosophy Of Medicine
“I approach surgery with compassion and understanding. I try to think of how I would want a member of my own family treated. Caring for people in their time of greatest stress, and being able to see them recover, is the most rewarding part of being a surgeon.”