- Valdosta State University, Valdosta, Georgia, Master of Science, Family Nurse Practitioner program
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners, Board Certified
Honors, Awards, etc.
- Academic Achievement and Outstanding Leadership Award, Georgia Southwestern State University School of Nursing, 2012
- Who's Who Among American Colleges and Universities, 2011
Benedict James San Jose Malinao, FNP-C specializes in family medicine at Altru Clinic in Thief River Falls. He specializes in primary care, and manages acute and chronic diseases, hypertension, diabetes mellitus, asthma, skin infections, respiratory infections, urinary tract/bladder infections, congestive heart failure and chronic pulmonary disorders. He can perform comprehensive physical exams, as well as wellness checks. In his free time, Benedict enjoys reading books, playing the guitar, as well as engaging in exercise and activities, such as basketball, chess and running. He also likes to get involved in community events.
Philosophy Of Medicine
"To be able to practice as a nurse practitioner in a primary care setting allows me to truly know the patient and guide their care from a primary standpoint. It gives me a chance for meaningful interactions throughout the patients lives by getting to know them more through individualized care. I am blessed to have the opportunity to help people at the forefront and gateway of care. This internal motivation to help people and be a positive force for good inspire me to do what I do."
Special Practices and Procedures
- Comprehensive physical exams
- Wellness checks
- Acute and chronic disease management
- Diabetes mellitus
- Skin infections
- Respiratory infections
- Urinary tract and bladder infections
- Congestive heart failure
- Chronic pulmonary disorders