Altru & You with Medica
Altru Health System and Medica have collaborated on an accountable care organization (ACO) health plan option to be available to group purchasers in northwestern Minnesota and northeastern North Dakota. Under the ACO model, the provider and health plan has an integrated service model which simplifies and personalizes the healthcare experience for patients. This approach creates convenience for patients and more opportunities for Altru to proactively engage patients in their health to improve the quality of their lives.
Altru & You with Medica is focused on care with patients at the center, surrounded by a highly skilled team of physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals and support staff. The plan features direct access to specialists – a member may see any primary or specialty care provider in the Altru network without a referral.
Visit Altru & You with Medica for more information related to the plan offerings.
Brochure of Member Product Features [PDF]
- Discounted health coaching sessions with a certified health and wellness coach can give members the tools, motivation and support they need to set and achieve goals related to nutrition, fitness, stress, sleep and more.
- A team of medical providers, dietitians and exercise specialists to help patients lose weight. Altru’s Weight Management Program includes assessments, group or one-on-one lifestyle change sessions, online nutrition and fitness monitoring at a discounted fee for members.
- Comprehensive, personalized care for your bones, joints and more. Specialized programs at Altru Advanced Orthopedics include joint replacement, cartilage restoration, specialized hand and shoulder surgery, and concussion management.
- MyChart online patient portal. Members can access their medical records, communicate with providers, schedule or cancel appointments, pay bills, view most test results, and request prescription refills.
- A variety of online care options. E-visits or video visits from a computer or mobile device to treat non-urgent problems. Or, patients may go to their hometown health facility for a video visit with an Altru specialist at another location.
Altru & You with Medica includes access to care in more than 30 communities through a network of more than 560 providers plus regional access via telemedicine. In Grand Forks and East Grand Forks, care is provided at 13 locations including an acute care hospital, a specialty hospital, inpatient rehabilitation hospital, various clinics, Altru Cancer Center, Altru Advanced Orthopedics, Sanny & Jerry Ryan Center for Prevention & Genetics, Truyu Aesthetic Center and Yorhom Medical Essentials.
Find an Altru & You provider
Altru Health System patients are saying great things about the care they receive with us. Here are a few highlights from recent Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) survey.
- 98.1%* of respondents indicate they are able to obtain a routine appointment or check-up as soon as needed.
- 97.0%* of respondents indicate that assistance is available by phone after regular office hours.
- 96.6%* of respondents indicate their provider shows respect for what they say.
- 94.4%* of respondents indicate that their Altru provider explains in a way they understand.
As a member of Altru & You with Medica, you can know we are dedicated to serving you and your families healthcare needs today and long into the future.
*From 2017 Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems