Sunshine Hospitality Home
Altru’s Sunshine Hospitality Home is a place of comfort, compassion and convenience for patients and their families who must travel for healthcare needs. Comfortable and homelike, the home allows individuals to stay close to their loved ones to assist with care, rehabilitation, home care teaching and support. It is conveniently situated west of Altru’s Columbia Road campus across from Sertoma Park (933 Duke Drive, Grand Forks, ND).
The Sunshine Hospitality Home is open to serve any person traveling to Grand Forks to fulfill their healthcare needs, no matter the healthcare provider. Your length of stay within the home can be as short as a morning or afternoon, one night or as long as needed depending on the family’s situation. Cost for an overnight stay is $40 per night. Financial assistance is available to those who qualify.
Guest Registration Hours: 1 - 10 p.m.
For more information, call 701.732.7900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ask your provider for a referral to Sunshine Hospitality Home.
- Family Lounge: large gathering area with television, fireplace and couches
- Great Room: large living room with fireplace
- Community Room: large living room with multiple tables for families to gather
- Kitchen facility for guest use
- Private Day Rooms (available for local residents also)
- Individual sleeping rooms for overnight guests, each with a private bath
- Fitness Room
- Business Center
- Play/Game Room
- Faith Room (non-denominational)
- Music/Art Room (keyboard and string instruments available)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Convenient parking
- Security System
- Walking paths along the English Coulee
- Sertoma Park conveniently located across the street
- Close to Altru Hospital, Altru Cancer Center and several Altru Clinics
How to Volunteer
Do you enjoy helping people feel welcome in a beautiful new facility? We have the perfect opportunity for you.
Altru’s Volunteer Services is seeking volunteers for the Sunshine Hospitality Home. Duties include registering guests, assisting with check-out, cleaning and restocking rooms. Volunteers will need to demonstrate computer skills, ability to be on their feet for long periods and provide a welcoming environment for patients and families. Shifts are weekdays 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. or 12-3 p.m., and Saturdays 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
If you are interested in serving in this exciting new volunteer role, please fill out the adult volunteer application at altru.org/volunteer. With any questions, please contact us at 701.780.5125.