Patient and Family Advisory Council
Altru’s Patient and Family Advisory Council seeks to enhance the delivery of healthcare throughout Altru Health System. It includes active involvement of patients and families at all levels of the organization. As a group, community members will work in partnership with health system staff to bring the voice of patients and families directly into the planning, delivery and evaluation of care.
The Patient and Family Advisory Council meets monthly and provides an interactive opportunity for the voice of the patient. For more information about Altru’s Patient and Family Advisory Council, call 701.780.6430.
All potential council members must submit an application for review. If selected, members will participate in Altru’s volunteer orientation program.
- May be a current or former patient of Altru (within the last three years)
- May be a family member of a current patient
- May be a current or former employee of Altru
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must participate in a phone or in-person formal interview.
The council of community members and Altru staff meet monthly to discuss a variety of topics related to patient safety, quality and service. A typical agenda would include:
- Task/project discussion
- Updates from previous projects/tasks
- Items for next council meeting