Altru's Eye Department
Altru’s Eye Department has trained professionals specializing in ophthalmology and optometry whose main priority is the health of your eyes. From primary eye care and regular examinations to specialized treatment and surgery, Altru’s eye team is dedicated to improving your vision so you can enjoy the world around you.
To make an appointment, call 701.780.6400 or 800.437.5373, ext. 6400.
Altru’s optometrists provide primary eye care services including:
- The examination and diagnosis of eye diseases, such as glaucoma, cataracts, and retinal diseases
- The diagnosis and treatment of visual conditions such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism
- The prescription of glasses, contact lenses, low vision rehabilitation and medications
- Minor surgical procedures such as the removal of foreign bodies
Patient Protective Measures during COVID-19
- Services will be provided by appointment only, no walk-in patients.
- Signs will be posted on the front door/window that stating that any patient who has a fever or cough must reschedule their appointment.
- Evaluate and screen patient prior to initiating service:
- Verify patient/companion’s/ normal temperature with non-contact thermometer.
- Ask if patient has recently had any cold/flu symptoms recently.
- Ask if patient has come in contact with another person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Limit the number of people in the office to one patient per doctor. A patient may bring one companion into the office under certain circumstances (e.g., a minor, or an assistant if the patient has special needs).
- No additional persons will be allowed to wait in the building.
- All employees will maintain social distancing measures so as not to contact the patient outside of clinical necessity.
- Optical stations will be separated by at least six (6) feet apart.
- All employees interacting with the public will wear face masks.
- Follow CDC guidelines for use of PPE when required and based on availability.
- All patients are required to wear face masks.
- CDC hand washing, office disinfection, and other infection control guidelines, including appropriate wearing disposable gloves will be observed.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for patient and staff use.
- No employee with a fever or cough will provide services to clients.
- Employees will sanitize their work area before the clinic opens and after the clinic closes each day.
- A notice will be posted encouraging patients to use credit/debit for payment services payments.
Altru’s ophthalmologists are specially trained in all aspects of eye care, including prevention, diagnosis and medical and surgical treatment of eye conditions and diseases.
Altru's ophthalmology services include:
- Evaluation and treatment for diabetic eye disease
- Glaucoma treatment
- Oculoplastics and cataract surgery (including topical anesthesia for cataract surgery)
- Evaluation and follow-up care for laser surgery
Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty (SLT)
- Altru's Opthamologists proudly offer state of the art selective laser trabeculoplasty.
- Selective laser trabeculoplasty (SLT) is a treatment to lower pressure in the eye in certain patients with glaucoma.
- This is a highly effective treatment for glaucoma and is one available method of treatment for glaucoma.
- To learn more about SLT, click here.
Laser Floater Treatment (LFT)
- Altru's Eye Department Ophthalmologists are the only providers on the eastern side of North Dakota to offer Laser Floater Treatment (LFT).
- Laser Vitreolysis is the laser treatment of symptomatic floaters which cause difficulty in vision.
- Altru proudly offers LFT with the state of the art Ellex Reflex Technology.
Macular Degeneration Treatment
- Altru’s Ophthalmologists are expertly trained to provide care for macular degeneration patients, including treatment by medication injection.
- To learn more about Macular Degeneration Treatment, click here.
- Altru’s Ophthalmologists are cataract experts, partnering with your optometrist to provide comprehensive cataract treatment options and care plans. Altru offers various lens options, including premium lenses, for cataract surgery and will work with both the patient and referring optometrist to provide the best options for each patient’s eyes.
- To learn more about cataract surgery, click here.