Hepatology diagnoses and treats diseases associated with the gallbladder, pancreas and liver. A hepatologist will diagnose, treat and care for people who have disorders, including malignancy of their liver, gallbladder or bile ducts.
The Hepatology Clinic will provide you with a thorough, timely cost-effective evaluation of your liver disorder and deliver specific care based on your needs. Dr. Alao has the experience and expertise to accurately diagnose and offer world-class treatments for all forms of liver disease. At Altru, we are able to provide a high level of consultation that is particularly beneficial to patients with obscure disorders or who are not candidates for transplantation.
What services are available at Altru?
We treat all hepatology (liver care) conditions, including:
- Abnormal liver tests
- Ascites of all types
- Alcoholic liver disease
- Autoimmune hepatitis
- Benign and malignant liver tumors or lesions
- Budd-Chiari syndrome
- Cholangiocarcinoma (bile duct cancer)
- Drug or herbal-induced liver injury
- Enlarged liver and/or spleen
- Gallbladder disease
- Hepatic encephalopathy
- Liver diagnostic dilemmas
- Metabolic disorders, including hereditary hemochromatosis
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, including nonalcoholic steatohepatitis
- Portal hypertension
- Primary biliary cholangitis
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis
- Viral hepatitis, including hepatitis B and hepatitis C
What are the treatment options?
We treat a wide variety of liver disorders through our hepatology clinic and no two disorders are alike. That is why everyone receives an individualized thorough, timely, cost-effective evaluation of their liver disorder and specific care based on their needs.
Log in to MyChart or call 701.780.6940 to schedule an appointment.