Hand Therapy Center
Altru Health System's Hand Therapy Center staff includes Certified Hand Therapists who have extensive training in the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand treatment. They have a unique understanding of all upper extremity problems and are able to create a rehabilitation program tailored to individual needs.
Altru's Hand Therapy Center is located in the Altru Performance Center. For more information, call 701.780.5973 or 800.732.4277, ext. 5973.
The injuries/disease processes that benefit from specialized upper extremity rehabilitation services include:
- Tendon lacerations/avulsions
- Cumulative trauma disorders
- Nerve injuries/compressions/lacerations
- Congenital deformities
- Wound care/scar management
- Post-mastectomy and lymphedema care
- Sprains or strains
- Impingement Syndrome
Evaluation and Treatment Specialized Care Techniques can Include:
- Pain reduction techniques
- Modalities (heat/cold, ultrasound, whirlpool, electrical stimulation, iontophoresis, fluidotherapy)
- Manual Therapy including joint mobilization and myofascial techniques
- Customized stretching and strengthening program
- Computerized work simulator
- Edema control
- Physical Conditioning Equipment
- Adaptive equipment training
- Task analysis
- Compensatory training and equipment
Even though a patient may call for his or her own appointment or another professional may initiate one, a physician's prescription must accompany the patient. Our staff will work closely with referring physicians, communicating and sharing information on treatment planning, goals and patient progress.