Altru's Pastoral Services is committed to meeting the spiritual needs of patients and their families, and to provide pastoral care education in the community. We recognize that spiritual care and religious resources are integral dimensions of healing and health.
About Pastoral Services
To help meet the spiritual needs of our patients, we offer the following services:
- Spiritual care for inpatients, their families, and staff
- Religious support for patients, families, and staff
- Grief support through individual counseling, support groups and resources
- Educational services for clergy, lay ministers, church and community groups
- Spiritual and religious services at Valley Memorial Homes
- Care Planning & Directives
- Tuesday, 10 a.m., Valley Memorial Homes (located on Altru's campus)
- Wednesday, 12 p.m., Altru Hospital Chapel
- Thursday, 10:30 a.m., 4000 Valley Square
- Local radio stations also broadcast services on Sundays
- Parish visitors and Eucharistic ministers are available for those wishing to receive Sacrament of Holy Communion
- If the ministry of a Jewish Rabbi or religious tradition is needed, please call 701.780.5300.
Cancer Care Services
When a cancer diagnosis is made, many patients suddenly find themselves asking questions concerning faith or the meaning of life.
Altru's Pastoral Services offers spiritual support to people of all faiths during cancer treatment. Chaplains are members of a multi-disciplinary team and are available to help you and your family while you are hospitalized or receiving outpatient treatment at Altru Cancer Center.
There are a variety of spiritual issues a chaplain can assist you in:
- Chaplains are available on a regular basis at the cancer center
- Drawing on your religious faith to assist in coping with illness
- Providing sacraments and religious rites
- Support in dying and facing death for patients and families
- Being a bridge to your religious community and/or clergy