Weight Loss Support and Education Offerings
Along with solutions for weight loss, weight management and lifestyle change, Altru's Weight Management Program offers support and education to help you live a more healthy lifestyle.
Exercise and Nutrition Packages
The key to a healthy lifestyle is understanding both your exercise and nutrition needs. Altru's dietitians and exercise specialists offer comprehensive packages tailored to fit your needs.
- Nutrition education and expert coaching from Altru’s dietitians
- 30 or 60 minute visits
- Variety of individual and group sessions
Health & Wellness Coaching
Be empowered to meet your goals. Altru’s health and wellness coach will help you focus on action to move toward your ideal wellness wither it’s a weight-loss goal, reduced risk for disease or living a healthy and fit lifestyle. Areas of focus include comprehensive intervention and guidance in physical activity, nutrition, stress management and sleep, and overall lifestyle factors. Sessions available through the Sanny and Jerry Ryan Center for Prevention and Genetics.
Medically Supervised Exercise
Altru's health & wellness specialist, trained in exercise prescription, will monitor each client to ensure a safe and controlled exercise setting.
Child and Family Offerings
It's important that children understand what it means to be healthy. Healthy and Fit Kids and Families offers solutions for weight management and lifestyle change for children age 2 to 18. Dietitians and health and wellness coaches offer comprehensive options to fit each family’s needs. A free introductory session is offered the third Tuesday of each month from 4 – 5 p.m. at Sanny and Jerry Ryan Center for Prevention and Genetics. Financial support may be provided by Altru Health Foundation through the generosity of donors at Altru’s Gala.
Kids Individual Nutrition and Fitness Package
- Individual coaching with a health and wellness coach and a registered dietitian.
- Kids learn how to be active and eat healthy in a fun way.
- An adult is encouraged to attend with the child.
- The package is 8 sessions and includes initial assessment and follow-up visits.
Kids Group Nutrition and Fitness Package
- Family-based, group program designed to address weight management in children and adolescents through lifestyle and behavior changes.
- 16 sessions including initial nutrition and fitness assessment, weekly group lasses and individual follow-up visits to monitor progress at three and six months.
- Package includes an activity tracker, cookbook and portion plate.
For more information on programs and services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.