A bulging or falling out of a body part, such as the rectum or vagina.

When to seek immediate medical care

See a healthcare professional right away if you have:

  • New severe pain.

When to make a doctor's appointment

Make an appointment to see a healthcare professional if you have:

  • Ongoing constipation, despite treatment.
  • Discomfort from bulge of tissue.
  • Rectal pressure or fullness after bowel movement.
  • Painful intercourse.