Patients & Visitors
Whether planning a hospital stay or visiting a loved one in our care, we look forward to providing you with the best experience possible at Altru Health System. We strive to provide a warm, welcoming experience for every person who walks through our doors.
We know how vital it is for patients to have the support of friends and family while they are in the hospital. However, our top priority is keeping our patients, staff, and community safe and healthy. While we are allowing visitors in some areas, we do still have some restrictions in place to ensure a healthy environment for patients and staff. Thank you for your understanding and assistance.
The following visitor guidelines apply to all our facilities:
- All visitors and patients will continue to self-screen before entering our facilities.
- Suggested visiting times are 7 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. daily with quiet time beginning at 8PM to support rest and healing for our patients.
- After hours guests will be required to show proper identification before entering any facility.
- Visitors are recommended to wear a mask when in an Altru facility. Medical masks are recommended. Masks should cover your mouth and nose.
- Anyone with symptoms of a respiratory infection such as a cough, shortness of breath or fever should delay their visit.
- Anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 must have completed the CDC-recommended quarantine prior to visiting inpatients.
- COVID education will be shared with visitors upon entering the hospital, before visiting a patient with COVID-19.
- Minor visitors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Visitors who need overnight accommodations should seek a referral from a nurse or provider for the Sunshine Hospitality Home at 701.732.7900 or email@example.com.
- Clinical administration may provide exceptions to these guidelines for critical illness, end of life, or other special situations.
We created this video to help our patients understand what they can expect during their stay:
Anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 must have completed the CDC-recommended quarantine prior to visiting inpatients.
COVID-19 Mask Requirements
Masks are currently recommended for all patients and visitors at Altru.
Some departments may require patients and visitors to wear masks depending on regulatory requirements. Currently the Dialysis and NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) departments require visitors to wear masks.
Patients who have symptoms compatible with COVID-19 will be required to wear a mask when receiving care at an Altru facility.
Altru Health System continues to evaluate mask requirements for patients and visitors.
We look forward to welcoming you, whether as a patient or as a visitor, and to providing you with comprehensive healthcare.
- We believe in providing patient care that is personalized and continuous.
- We provide care to patients admitted to the hospital, to outpatients, and to patients in their residence.
- We strive to enable patients and their significant others to take greater responsibility for their wellness.
- We support patients in making more knowledgeable decisions about their health and personal needs over their lifespan.
- We believe in involving patients and/or significant others in planning their care.
- We believe education of the patient and significant others is an integral part of care.
If you are visiting one of the facilities or participating in a program, these pages will help you plan ahead and know what to expect for your visit.
- Cancer Center
- Center for Prevention & Genetics
- Family Birthing Center
- Heart & Vascular
- Weight Management Program