Patients & Visitors
Our top priority is keeping our patients, staff and community safe and healthy. It is vital for us to carefully monitor admittance into our facilities. Thank you for your understanding and assistance as we work to ensure a healthy environment for our patients and staff.
- All visitors and patients will continue to be screened upon entering our facilities.
- Visiting hours are from 7 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Please put on a mask prior to entering our facilities- whenever possible. Once wearing the mask– it should remain on and not be removed while in the facility.
- Visitors should not have symptoms of a respiratory infection such as a cough, shortness of breath or fever.
- No visitors under the age of 18.
- Exceptions may be made by clinical administration for critical illness or end of life situations.
No Visitors Allowed:
- COVID-19 Positive Patient
- Dialysis Units
- Inpatient Behavioral Health
1 Designated Visitor Allowed:
- Emergency Department
- Procedural Departments (visitor must safely distance and remain in waiting room
- Inpatient Unit
- Clinic Appointment
- Family Birthing – Birth partners only
2 Visitors Allowed:
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – 1 guardian allowed at a tim
- Procedural Departments if the patient is under 18 years of age
- Critically ill patients – 2 visitors must be predetermined for duration of critical stay, only 1 visitor allowed at a time
- End of life patients – 2 visitors allowed at a time, others must wait outside the facility
- End of life COVID-19 patients – 1 visitor allowed at a time, visitors must follow all protective measures laid out by staff
If you have been COVID-19 positive or suspected positive, we ask that you have been quarantined for 14 days and are symptom-free for 72 hours before entering Altru facilities.
Whether planning a hospital stay or visiting a loved one in our care, we look forward to providing you the best experience possible at Altru Health System. We strive to provide a warm, welcoming experience for every person who walks through our doors.
- We believe in providing patient care that is personalized and continuous.
- We provide care to patients admitted to the hospital, to outpatients, and to patients in their residence.
- We strive to enable patients and their significant others to take greater responsibility for their wellness.
- We support patients in making more knowledgeable decisions about their health and personal needs over their life span.
- We believe in involving patients and/or significant others in planning their care.
- We believe education of the patient and significant others is an integral part of care.
Please use the information on these pages to help you plan ahead and know what to expect for your visit.