Patients & Visitors
Our top priority is keeping our patients, staff and community safe and healthy. It is vital for us to carefully monitor admittance into our facilities. Thank you for your understanding and assistance as we work to ensure a healthy environment for our patients and staff.
- All visitors and patients will continue to be screened upon entering our facilities.
- Visiting hours are from 7 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Please put on a mask prior to entering our facilities- whenever possible. Once wearing the mask– it should remain on and not be removed while in the facility.
- Visitors should not have symptoms of a respiratory infection such as a cough, shortness of breath or fever.
- No visitors under the age of 18.
- Exceptions may be made by clinical administration for critical illness or end of life situations.
At this time, we are not allowing overnight visitors, with exceptions for OB birthing partner, end of life scenarios and pediatric patients. Visitors that do not fall within these exceptions may reach out to the Sunshine Hospitality Home at 701.732.7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org if in need of overnight accommodations.
One Designated Visitor Allowed:
- Dialysis Units
- Inpatient Behavioral Health
Two Designated Visitors Allowed:
- Emergency Department
- Procedural Departments (visitor must safely distance and remain in waiting room)
- General Inpatient Units
- Clinic Appointments
- Family Birthing
Visitor restrictions remain the same for the areas listed below:
No Visitors Allowed:
- COVID-19 Positive Patients (including COVID-19 rule out patients)
Two Designated Visitors, only 1 visitor at a time:
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Critically ill patients
Two Visitors Allowed at a Time, No Designated Amount*
- Patients receiving End of Life Care or Comfort Cares
*Visitors of end of life or comfort cares patients with Covid-19 must follow all protective measures laid out by staff
If you have been COVID-19 positive or suspected positive, we ask that you have been quarantined for 14 days and are symptom-free for 72 hours before entering Altru facilities.
Whether planning a hospital stay or visiting a loved one in our care, we look forward to providing you the best experience possible at Altru Health System. We strive to provide a warm, welcoming experience for every person who walks through our doors.
- We believe in providing patient care that is personalized and continuous.
- We provide care to patients admitted to the hospital, to outpatients, and to patients in their residence.
- We strive to enable patients and their significant others to take greater responsibility for their wellness.
- We support patients in making more knowledgeable decisions about their health and personal needs over their life span.
- We believe in involving patients and/or significant others in planning their care.
- We believe education of the patient and significant others is an integral part of care.
Please use the information on these pages to help you plan ahead and know what to expect for your visit.